For our #BakeWithHarry today we decided to make an old favourite. Another recipe which doesn’t include flour (if ready made pastry is used) or eggs, the most delicious Cornflake Tart!
We don’t own a tart tin so we did a little improvisation with a baking tray but it worked pretty well. The most important part is that is tasted absolutely delicious. To watch the video from the Facebook Live shared this morning you can click here.
Alternatively, if you just want to follow the recipe on screen please see below.
320g ready-made shortcrust pastry
plain flour, to dust
50g unsalted butter
125g golden syrup
25g light brown soft sugar (or any sugar you have available)
125g strawberry or raspberry jam
Lovely served with custard!
- Preheat the oven to 180 / 160 fan
- Roll out the pastry to fit the size of your tart tin / tray, once the right size use the rolling pin to lift the pastry onto the tin/tray then press firmly into place and leave the excess to hang over the edges
- Line the pastry with baking paper then fill it with baking beans / uncooked rice. Put into the oven for 15 minutes
- Remove the paper and beans/rice and continue to cook the pastry for 5-10 minutes until golden. Remove from the oven and cut away the excess using a serrated knife.
- Heat the butter, sugar and syrup in a pan over a low heat and stir until the mixture has completely melted. Fold the cornflakes into the mixture and make sure all the cornflakes are coated.
- Spoon the jam into the pastry case and spread out, then add the cornflake mixture onto and press down.
- Put the tart back into the oven for a final 5 minutes. Once baked remove from the oven and leave to cool.
Harry & Laura x